Let Us Submit Your Application
Becoming a Minicab Driver or Chauffeur in London.
Do you want to be your own boss, get away from the 9-5 and get out of the office? Do you want to become a licensed minicab driver or chauffeur in London? If so then you will need to get your PCO licence and this website is your complete guide. We give you step-by-step advice on how to go about this. There is a great demand for private hire drivers in London so what’s stopping you? Apply Now!
What is a PCO Licence?
The licensing scheme is run by the Public Carriage Office (PCO), a department of Transport for London (TfL) and is needed to do minicab work in London. Without this personal licence no minicab operators/offices will employ you.
As a licensed driver you can have the freedom and flexibility to work when you want and be your own boss. You’ll have a worthwhile career with the potential to earn a £30,000+ salary. The only limit to your wages are the hours you choose to work. You can also look forward to great bonuses during seasonal times e.g Christmas and New Year when the potential to earn and save increases
What are the requirements for getting a PCO Licence?
If you want to get your PCO licence then you’ll need to fulfill a few requirements:
- You must be over 21 years of age.
- You will need to have held a full DVLA, Northern Ireland or European Economic Area (EEA) state driving licence for at least 3 years.
- You must meet the DVLA Group 2 medical standards similar to those required for drivers of large goods vehicles, buses and coaches. This is done by having a 30 minute medical with a GP ( We can arrange your Medical Check with a Private GP for £80)
- You will need to undergo a CRB check from from the Criminal Records Bureau to ensure that you are an honest and trustworthy character
- You must provide evidence of your topographical skills to show your map reading and route finding skills (we provide specific training and support for this) Why not Book A Test Now?
How much will a PCO licence cost me?
Some prices need taking into account before you decide to go ahead and make your PCO Licence application:
- Topographical Test (Certificate) £50 – Book with us to Guarantee yourself a PASS!
- CRB Check (Enhanced) £58 plus a small fee of around £7.50 for the check and send service at the post office
- Medical Check (only required if you are NOT an existing Bus or HGV Driver) Between £50 – £200. Charges vary from Gp to GP.
- Application processing and grant fee to TfL £250
So you’re looking to spend the best part of approximately £450 to get your licence. Once you’re PCO Licence comes through it will be valid for 3 years.
How do I apply for my PCO Licence
If you think you fulfil the criteria set out above then you can download an application pack and all the relevant forms. Once you’ve downloaded them then come back to this website and we’ll give you any help you need to get them completed or to answer any questions you may have. Please note, we provide excellent Packages to make your life easier. Please click on the various packages listed at the top of this page.