Make A PCO Licence Application
If you think you fulfill the requirements for being a Licensed Private Hire Driver or Chauffeur in the London area then why not simply click on the link and download an application pack now!
What will be sent in the PCO Licence application starter pack?
Once your pack arrives in the post you will find the following:
- Envelope – This is to be used when your Licence application is complete and ready to be sent to TfL for consideration.
- PHV/203– This is the actual PCO Licence application form.
- PHV/204 – This is the Medical Declaration form which needs to be initially completed by you and then completed and stamped by your GP when you have done your medical check.
- A breakdown of the latest fees for Tfl to process and issue your pco licence (£250).
- Information sheet on how to do your Enhanced CRB check – All applicants must submit a fresh CRB (Criminal record check) which is no more than 3 months old.
What do I need to send back?
Here’s what you need to include in the envelope you send back to TfL:
- PCO Licence application form (PHV/203) including your CRB reference number.
- Medical form (PHV/204) signed and stamped by your GP. Unless you’re a HGV or PSV driver, in which case you don’t need to undergo another Medical check.
- Application Fee £250)
- A photocopy of your DVLA driving licence or EEA driving licence and GB counterpart
- A photocopy of your passport or other proof to show you have the right to live and work in the UK
- A photocopy of the certificate showing you have passed the topographical skills assessment test
- One Passport size photograph
How long does it take to get my PCO licence?
It can take up to 16 weeks for your application to be processed. Just make sure that you’ve completed all the forms as best as you can so that there are no hold-ups. Some delays can be put down to the wait for your CRB check as it’s not only minicab drivers or chauffeurs who need to be checked, but teachers, nurses, etc. In some cases criminal convictions must be passed to higher management for a decision. Where Medical hsitory is evident, TfL will need to investigate and make their own enquiries and decision on your eligibility. Other reasons for delays are simply down to the sheer number of applications which need processing.
Where is my application form? Where is my licence?
If you have waited 10 days and still not got your application form or if you sent your completed forms off months ago and want to keep track and know how your application is proceeding then please contact Transport for London using the details below:
Telephone: 0343 222 4444 (08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday except Bank Holidays) Fax: 020 3054 3160 Email: TPH.Enquiries@tfl.gov.uk
What happens if my application is refused?
If you have met all the PCO licensing requirements, and completed your application form correctly, hopefully you’ll soon be the recipient of a PCO Licence, but if this is not the case and your application has been refused, you will be informed of this in writing by Transport for London (TfL) via a letter which should include:
- Confirmation that your application has been refused.
- The reason for the refusal.
- Your right to appeal the decision which includes what you need to do to appeal and the time in which you have to do it.
You may simply have completed your application form incorrectly but it could also be something more serious with perhaps something coming up on your CRB check. Carefully read through the reason for the refusal and if you think you think this is the wrong decision then make sure you use your right of appeal within the timesacle stipulated. If you are unsure about the reasons please contact us and we’ll look into it for you.
Refund of application fees
If the refusal is upheld then you will only get a refund for the portion of your fee relating the to the ‘grant of licence’ which is £100 of the total £250 as the application fee and the CRB fees are non-refundable.
Want to know more?
All the information you need to complete your PCO licence application is on this website so please explore the rest of the site using the menus at the top of this page. Thank you!