PCO Licence – Requirements, Application Forms & Cost.
Welcome to London’s official PCO Licence website. We are fully recognised and accredited by TfL and Ofsted. Our Accreditation number is 310/149. Rest assured you’ll find the most up-to-date information on London’s PCO Licence here.
If you meet the PCO Licence Requirements then the Application Forms must be submitted to TfL asap. The total cost for the PCO Licence is £487. Opt for our Fast Track Solution, the Platinum Package. We take care of the whole process.
By now you must have questioned yourself about wanting to be your own boss, get away from the 9-5 and be more free to work when you want. Becoming a PCO Licensed driver in London is the very career path 000′s of people are turning to. Coupled with this there is the added benefit of the new era of “mobile apps” available. As a driver you can now take advantage of working for several companies at the same time. The rewards are fantastic with earnings ranging from £500 to £2000 per week. The only limit is the time you are prepared to put in and who you work for.
This website is kept up-to-date. We give you a step-by-step guide on how to go about getting licensed and the options available to speed up the process up considerably. There is a great demand for PCO Licensed Drivers in London so what’s stopping you? Apply Now!
PCO Licence: What is it?
The PCO licence is a licence to undertake Private Hire work in London. It gives you an entitlement to carry passengers for hire and reward. Without a PCO Licence no minicab operators or offices in London will employ you. Remember, it’s illegal to carry passengers for payment in London without being appropriately licensed by TfL. If you are found doing this you surely risk being licensed at all.
Keep to the law and make an honest living. As a licensed driver you can have the freedom and flexibility to work when you want and be your own boss. You’ll have a worthwhile career with the potential to earn a £50,000+ salary.
The only limit to your wages are the hours you choose to work & where you work. You can look forward to great bonuses during seasonal times e.g Christmas and New Year when the potential to earn and save increases. With the onset of mobile apps you can also work for several companies at the same time!
PCO Licence Requirements?
If you want to get your PCO licence then you’ll need to fulfill a few requirements:
- You must be over 21 years of age.
- You will need to have held a full DVLA, Northern Ireland or European Economic Area(EEA) state driving licence for at least 3 years.
- You must meet the DVLA Group 2 medical standards similar to those required for drivers of large goods vehicles, buses and coaches. This is done by having a 30 minute medical with a GP ( We can arrange your Medical Check with a Private GP for £80)
- You will need to undergo a DBS (CRB) check from from the Criminal Records Bureau to ensure that you are an honest and trustworthy person
- You must provide evidence of your Topographical Skills to show your map reading and route finding skills (we provide specific training and support for this) Why not Book A Test Now?
PCO Licence cost
The total cost for a PCO Licence is £487.
- Topographical Test (Certificate) £50 – Full Training (No hidden costs)
- DBS (CRB) Check (Enhanced) £57
- Medical Check (only required if you are NOT an existing Bus or HGV Driver) Charges vary from GP to GP. Our Private GP’s charge £80
- Application processing and grant fee to TfL £250
- Administration charge to submit & Fast Track your application to TfL £50
With our Platinum Package the cost for the PCO Licence is fixed and the biggest benefit of all is we take care of “everything” and you get licensed within 3-6 weeks. Our expertise in this field is unrivalled.
PCO Licence Application
Download the PCO application pack here. We provide a fast track solution for the PCO Licence application. Not only do we have all the forms but we also nail the whole application in 1-2 hours! Please take a moment to read our website and the services we offer.
In order for the PCO Licence application to be considered you must provide evidence of:
- Topographical Test
- PCO Medical Check
- DBS Check (CRB)
Coupled with the above you may need to provide further information as TfL have specific criteria for different people. Once the application is complete the it can be submitted. The time it takes to get licensed is 16 weeks which can also be delayed further due to further investigations based on your Medical or Criminal Record checks. The TfL service standard set by Govt to process a PCO Licence Application is 16 weeks. If you opt for our Platinum Package we can reduce this time to a mere 3-6 weeks.
We offer various Packages which makes life easier. Over the years we have established a professional relationship with TfL’s Licensing Dept so rest assured you’re in the best hands London has to offer. Call today and let’s get things moving? If you’ve already made up your mind we’ll help get your PCO Licence application submitted and dealt with asap.
(IG11 8BB), BARKING
The Vehicle Site Ltd
Fortis House, 160, London Road, Barking, IG11 8BB
Tel: 020 3780 1055
Barking Station (5-10 minute walking distance from our office)
District Line or Hammersmith & City Line
(UB11 1FW), STOCKLEY PARK, UXBRIDGE
The Vehicle Site Ltd
6-9 The Square, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, UB11 1FW
Tel: 0203 780 1055